Saturday, April 15, 2017

April 15, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Saturday, April 15, 2017

Todayfocus on building a positive and realistic self-esteem if I doubt or fear moving on because I think I may fail. In recovery, there is little to fear because we have already been through the most fearful place of all. But if I am afraid that I will stumble, fall short of a goal or cannot do what I must, I risk not only stagnation but possibly relapse if my self-confidence is so poor that I deceive myself into thinking sobriety offers little more than what drinking provided. And I cannot compare myself and where I am in recovery to anyone else, either to reinforce my poor self-esteem or to mitigate it. If I need more than the guidance of my Higher Power to overcome reluctance or fear to move ahead, I can compare myself to where I was before recovery. Today, fear and worry will not stop me from progressing. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment