Tuesday, April 4, 2017

April 4, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, April 4, 2017 
Reflection for the Day
Another common denominator among those who slip is failure to use the tools of The Program - the Twelve Steps. The comments heard most often are, "I never did work The Steps," "I never got past the First Step," "I worked The Steps too slow," or, "too fast," or, "too soon."  What it boils down to is that these people considered the Steps, but didn't conscientiously and sincerely apply the Steps to their lives. 
Am I learning how to protect myself and help others? 
Today I Pray
May I be a doer of the Steps and not a hearer only. May I see some of the common mis-Steps which lead to a fall: being too proud to admit Step One; being too tied to everyday earth to feel the presence of a Higher Power; being overwhelmed by the thought of preparing Step Four, a complete moral inventory; being too reticent to share that inventory. Please, God, guide me as I work the Twelve Steps. 
Today I Will Remember
To watch my Steps. 

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment