Monday, April 3, 2017

April 3, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Monday, April 3, 2017
 
Today, I will not let selfishness, any problems I have and lack of empathy to blind me to someone else's needs and problems. Human nature, and especially so with the recovering alcoholic, is to retreat into self and worry with our own problems - sometimes out of a misplaced intention not to unload on others. But by withdrawing we may lose someone's helpful advice or, if nothing more, give voice to what we fear. But, sometimes unintentionally, I risk alienation of others who interpret my lack of interaction as apathy to them and their own problems. Today, I break down my self-erected boundaries to understand that, with others, there can be sharing without dumping and there can be something I might be able to offer them in their own recoveries. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment