Thursday, June 22, 2017

June 22, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, June 22, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
The minute we think about a twisted or broken relationship with another person, our emotions go on the defensive. To avoid looking at the wrongs we've done another, we resentfully focus on the wrong he or she has done us. With a sense of triumph, we seize upon his or her slightest misbehavior as the perfect excuse for minimizing or forgetting our own. We have to remember that we're not the only ones plagued by sick emotions. Often, we're really dealing with fellow sufferers, including those whose woes we've increased.

If I'm about to ask forgiveness for myself, why shouldn't I start out by forgiving them?

Today I Pray
When I blame or fault-find, may my Higher Power tell me to look under the rug for my own feeling of guilt, which I have neatly swept under it. May I recognize these behavior clues for what they really are.

Today I Will Remember
Resentment, inside-out, is guilt.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment