Tuesday, June 20, 2017

June 20, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
When we take the Ninth Step, we must be willing to be absolutely honest. Obviously, though, indiscriminate "absolute honesty" would blow the roof off many a house and entirely destroy some relationships. We must hold nothing back through deceit and pride; we may need to hold something back by discretion and consideration of others. Just when and how we tell the truth - or keep silent - can often reveal the difference between genuine integrity and none at all.

Am I grateful for the products of truth which, through the grace of God, I have been privileged to receive?

Today I Pray
May I have the wisdom to know the fine-line difference between tact and dishonesty. In my eagerness to make restitution, may I not be the charmer, the flatterer or the crawler who insists, "You're so good, and I'm so bad." All are forms of dishonesty and hark back to the role-playing days of my active addiction. May I recognize them.

Today I Will Remember
Tact is honest selectivity.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment