Thursday, June 15, 2017

June 15, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, June 15, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
Learning how to live in peace, partnership and brotherhood - with all men and women - is a fascinating and often very moving adventure. But each of us in The Program has found that we're not able to make much headway in our new adventure of living until we first take the time to make an accurate and unsparing survey of the human wreckage we've left in our wake.

Have I made a list of all persons I have harmed, as Step Eight suggests, and become willing to make amends to them all?

Today I Pray
May God give me the honesty I need, not only to look inside myself and discover what is really there, but to see the ways that my sick and irresponsible behavior has affected those around me. May I understand that my addiction is not - as I used to think - a loner's disease, that, no matter how alone I felt, my lies and fabrications spread out around me in widening circles of hurt.

Today I Will Remember
Lies spread to infinity.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment