Wednesday, June 14, 2017

June 14, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Wednesday, June 14, 2017
 
Today, I can't forget my yesterdays of regrets and misconduct completely even though the program suggests we live only for today. It doesn't compel us to ignore our past as if it never occurred. While I will not live those days again, I also cannot discard the lessons they have and which might offer today by not repeating them. Maybe somewhere in the midst of all the damage and regret of yesterday there is also something good that can be carried into today, and my misconduct of yesterday can be a warning not to repeat it. Today, I will live for now. But my present - maybe my future, if there is one - might be disciplined if I accept and learn from the hard-edged lessons of yesterday. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment