Tuesday, June 13, 2017

June 13, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
 
Reflection for the Day
I don't believe that The Program and Twelve Steps work because I read it in a book or because I hear other people say so. I believe it because I see other people recovering and because I know that I, too, am recovering. No longer do I believe that I am "helpless and hopeless." When I see the change in other people and in myself, I know that The Program works. When a television reporter once asked the philosopher Jung if he believed in God, Jung replied slowly, "I don't believe - I know."

Do I know that The Program works?

Today I Pray
Show me the happy endings, the mended lives, the reconstituted selves, the rebuilt bridges, so I will not have to accept on faith the fact that The Program works. May I see it working - for others and for me. May I be grateful for the documented reality of The Program's success. May this certainty help me find the faith I need to follow the Twelve Steps.

Today I Will Remember
The Program works.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment