Sunday, June 18, 2017

June 18, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Sunday, June 18, 2017
 
" ...I am deeply convinced that so long as I continue to strive, in my bumbling way, toward the principles I first encountered in the earlier chapters of this book, this remarkable power will continue to flow through me. What is this power? With my AA friends, all I can say is that it's a power greater than myself. If pressed further, all I can do is follow the psalmist who said it long, long before me: 'Be still, and know that I am God.'" - Alcoholics Anonymous, 3rd Edition, 1976, Ch 16 ("Me an Alcoholic?"), p 437.

Today, if I am skeptical about a power greater than myself, grant me the courage to let go of what I know to be stronger than me - alcohol - and go on blind faith that the program's principles will lead me to that greater power for good. It is the course followed by agnostics and those who rejected the label "alcoholic." In our private journeys, we find strength and courage to strive toward the program's principles until skepticism is displaced by belief in that power of good which is stronger than any of us. Today, despite any reluctance to surrender to that stronger power, I will move on with the faith that one day I, too, will find and embrace my Higher Power. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment