Monday, June 25, 2012

June 25, 2012 - Just for Today


Just for Today
Monday, June 25, 2012 
Just for today, of all that I feel, I will feel GRATITUDE foremost - gratitude for grabbing the lifeline that is AA, for the courage to hold onto it, for the support, experience, strength and hope of all the people I have found HERE and, perhaps above all, for the gift of the chance to recover, to put all that pain, destruction, fear, self-pity and self-seeking behind me. And I will not reach into yesterday and bring all that into today but understand that my recovery is a day-to-day process regardless of how many Twenty-Four Hours of sobriety I have been blessed with. And I will understand that the gratitude I feel today is, as the Big Book says, the birth of humility - and it is in humility that I feel all the GOOD there is to feel by being sober today. And our common journey continues. Just for today. -Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment