Thursday, June 14, 2012

June 14, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Thursday, June 14, 2012
 
Just for today, I cannot dismiss my yesterdays of regrets and misconduct completely even though our Program commands us to live only for today. However, it does not compel us to ignore our pasts as if they never occurred. While I will not live those days again, I also will not discard the lessons they have that might make today better. Maybe somewhere in the midst of all the damage and regret of yesterday, there was also something good that can be carried into today, and my misconduct of yesterday can be a warning not to repeat it today. Today, I will live for now. But my present - maybe my future, if there is one - might be disciplined if I accept and learn from the hard-edged lessons of yesterday. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment