Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 12, 2012 - A Day at a Time


A Day at a Time
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
 
Reflection for the Day
Many of us have had difficulty ridding ourselves of the ravages of guilt. In my own case, during the early days in The Program, I either misunderstood certain of the Steps, or tried to apply them too quickly and too eagerly. The result was that I increased my feelings of guilt and worthlessness, rather than freeing myself as The Steps intend. Soon, though, I became at least willing to forgive myself, and I made a new beginning. I undertook all the soul-searching and cleansing Steps in our Program as they were intended to be taken, and not from a below-ground position of crippling hate and guilt.

Have I made amends to myself?

Today I Pray
May I forgive myself, as God has forgiven me. May I know that if I am hanging onto an old satchel full of guilt, then I am not following the example He has shown me. If God can forgive me - and He has demonstrated His forgiveness by leading me to this healing place - then so can I. May I not begrudge myself what He has so generously offered.

Today I Will Remember
God forgives; so must I.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment