Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18, 2012 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Monday, June 18, 2012
Today's thought from Hazelden is:
What is defeat?. . . Nothing but the first step to something better. -- Wendell Phillips
A man walks into a meeting. He says, "I surrender. I can't drink like other folks." We smile and welcome him. We know that feeling. All of us in the program must admit defeat. Our illness is more powerful than we are. We begin recovery when we surrender. 

Admitting defeat is our first step into a beautiful world. Like all first steps, it's hard. But what a world we find ourselves in! A world where we count! A world where all are really equal! 

This first step brings us into God's world of care. We get love. We give love. We stay sober because daily we admit defeat. 

Prayer for the Day 
I surrender. I can't drink and use other drugs. I'm different. Higher Power, help me surrender daily. 

Action for the Day 
Every so often, I need to admit defeat and talk about what it was like, what happened, and where I am now.
From the book:
image
Keep It Simple © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment