Saturday, June 16, 2012

June 16, 2012 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Saturday, June 16, 2012
Today's thought for Hazelden is: 
New feelings may seem uncomfortable at first. 

I may be used to feeling afraid and anxious, or depressed and alone. In my new life, I may begin to feel joy or happiness, or peace and calm. 

These new feelings are signs that I'm changing and learning how to accept my new way of thinking. Feeling peaceful means I'm healing from all the crises in my past. If I confuse feeling peaceful with feeling bored, I need to remind myself that the absence of fear or crisis takes awhile to get used to. 

I am glad to welcome my new feelings and emotions; they are one way to know how well I'm doing.
From the book:
image
Time to Break Free © 1999 by Judith R. Smith. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment