Friday, June 15, 2012

June 15, 2012 - Just for Today

Just for Today
Friday, June 15, 2012
 
Just for today, I begin a conscious and conscientious effort to become habitually honest in recovery and sobriety just as I was habitually dishonest as a drinking alcoholic. Sobriety and recovery begin with the essential element of honesty - honesty to "admit (I am) powerless," to confess the nature of my misconduct of my drinking days, and honesty and courage to take responsibility and consequences to the people I hurt during those days. Because recovery requires a turnout in my words, actions and thoughts, I will not claim any recovery if I carry from my drinking days the dishonesty and lies to others and myself into my days without alcoholc; without a basic change in my emotional and spiritual characters, I am little more than a dry drunk if all I do is abstain from drinking. Today, just as lying became habitual in my drinking days, I focus earnestly on make truth a habit, a habit that I will hold onto and nurture. And our common journey continues. Just for today. - Chris M., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment