Friday, October 28, 2016

Oct. 28, 2016 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, Oct. 28, 2016

Todayif I still hold onto emotions like resentment, anger, grief or bitterness and will not or cannot yet free myself of them, today I at least will not take on other feelings that I cannot handle. Recovery is partly about getting rid of the garbage and self-defeatism acquired before and during my drinking days; it is not about acquiring more of the same. In refusing to take on any more, I at least will have something less to work through and, in fact, might be able to take on what exists one feeling at a time. Today, my recovery will focus on getting rid of what needs to be gone and not on collecting more of what I do not need. All I need remember is to "Let Go and Let God," and not take back that of which I let go. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment