Thursday, October 20, 2016

Oct. 20, 2016 - Addiction and Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

The Serenity Prayer
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016

AA Thought for the Day
For the past few weeks, we have been asking ourselves some searching questions. We have not been able to answer them all as we would like. But on the right answers to these questions will depend the usefulness and effectiveness of our lives and to some extent the usefulness and effectiveness of the whole AA movement. It all boils down to this: I owe a deep debt to AA and to the grace of God. Am I going to do all I can to repay that debt? Let us search our souls, make our decisions and act accordingly. Any real success we have in life will depend on that. Now is the time to put our conclusions into effect.

What am I going to do about it?

Meditation for the Day
"Our Lord and our God, be it done unto us according to Thy will." Simple acceptance of God's will in whatever happens is the key to abundant living. We must continue to pray. "Not my will but Thy will be done." It may not turn out the way you want it to, but it will be the best way in the long run, because it is God's way. If you decide to accept whatever happens as God's will for yourself, whatever it may be, your burdens will be lighter. Try to see in all things some fulfillment of the Divine Intent.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may see the working out of God's will in my life. I pray that I may be content with whatever He wills for me.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment