Sunday, October 23, 2016

Oct. 23, 2016 - Addiction and Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

The Serenity Prayer
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Sunday, Oct. 23, 2016

AA Thought for the Day
Third, I have learned how to be honest. What a relief! No more ducking or dodging. No more tall tales. No more pretending to be what I am not. My cards are on the table, for all the world to see. "I am what I am," as Popeye used to say in the comics. I have had an unsavory past. I am sorry, yes. But it cannot be changed now. All that is yesterday and is done. But now my life is an open book. Come and look at it, if you want to. I'm trying to do the best I can. I will fail often, but I won't make excuses. I will face things as they are and not run away.

Am I really honest?

Meditation for the Day
Though it may seem a paradox, we must believe in spiritual forces which we cannot see more than in material things which we can see, if we are going to truly live. In the last analysis, the universe consists more of thought or mathematical formulas than it does of matter as we understand it. Between one human being and another, only spiritual forces will suffice to keep them in harmony. These spiritual forces we know, because we can see their results although we cannot see them. A changed life - a new personality - results from the power of unseen spiritual forces working in us and through us.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may believe in the Unseen. I pray that I may be convinced by the results of the Unseen which I do see.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment