Friday, October 21, 2016

Oct. 21, 2016 - Addiction and Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, Oct. 21, 2016

Today, extend gratitude but withhold pride on a day that greeted me sober and saw me through doing what is expected of me - expected of the program, expected of the responsibilities to sobriety, and expected of myself. I need not be bogged down with anything from my drinking past - shame, remorse, regret, grandiosity, egoism, anger, depression, or anything else that I could find to keep myself in the gutter. Today, if I awakened sober and proceed through the day doing what is expected of me and do it with integrity and ethics and then go to sleep remembering all that I said and did, then today will be good. I can be grateful for that seemingly simple achievement and, today, it is enough. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment