Wednesday, June 19, 2024

June 19, 2024 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 


Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Imitating

We don't need to imitate anyone. If we admire someone, we might aspire to her or his qualities (substance), but we needn't imitate that person's every gesture and word (style). A person's talent is the sum of his or her experiences; we can't simply adopt them. And we don't need to! Our Higher Power will teach us what we have to offer.

We don't know our capabilities -- nor do others -- until we have exhibited them. When we do what we are asked to do, to the best of our ability, we feel a moment of great joy and fulfillment. No matter how small the task, we are then right in the eyes of our Higher Power. Have I stopped imitating?

Higher Power, I pray for your presence in all areas of my life and your guidance in all I do.

I will practice being my best self today by...

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment