Sunday, January 7, 2018

Jan. 7, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Sunday, Jan. 7, 2018

Today, I will invoke the program's oldest of mottoes and "Take It Easy." If I am new to recovery, I will not become impatient and possibly disillusioned with the program if its promises are not soon enough for me. If I am well into recovery, I will not be overwhelmed by the responsibilities that sobriety requires and take each of those obligations in their proper priority and in the time they require. I will not push myself if I am not fast enough to get to the next task I want done, and I will not expect too much of either myself or anyone else. Today, I will do what is expected of me by others and myself, but I will do it in the time required of the higher power. Adversely, I will not do anything today with the impatience that I wanted it done yesterday. To do that risks disillusionment with myself and the program, and recovery doesn't allow for either. And our common journey continues. Step by step. Chris M., 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment