Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Jan. 17, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018

Reflection for the Day
I have been told over and over that I must constantly work to give up my old ideas. "That's easy for you to say," I've sometimes thought. All my life, I have been programmed, computer-style; specific inputs brought forth predictable responses. My mind still tends to react as a computer reacts, but I am learning to destroy the old tapes and literally reprogram myself.

Am I fully willing to abandon my old ideas? Am I being fearless and thorough on a daily basis?

Today I Pray
Help me to take inventory each day of my stock of my new, healthy thoughts, throwing out the old ones as I happen upon them without regret or nostalgia. For I have outgrown those old ideas, which are as scuffed and run-over as an old pair of shoes. Now, in the light, I can see that they are filled with holes.

Today I Will Remember
The Program reprograms.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment