Thursday, January 11, 2018

Jan. 11, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018

AA Thought for the Day
When we were drinking, most of us never thought of helping others. We liked to buy drinks for people, because that made us feel like big shots. But we only used others for our own pleasure. To really go out and try to help somebody who needed help never occurred to us. To us, helping others looked like a sucker's game. But when we came into AA, we began to try to help others. And we found out that helping others made us happy and also helped us to stay sober.

Have I learned that there is happiness in helping others?

Meditation for the Day
I will pray only for strength and that God's will be done. I will use God's unlimited store of strength for my needs. I will seek God's will for me. I will strive for consciousness of God's presence for He is the light of the world. I have become a pilgrim who needs only marching orders and strength and guidance for this day.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may seek God's guidance day by day. I pray that I may strive to abide in God's presence.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment