Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Jan. 10, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2018

AA Thought for the Day
When we were drinking, most of us were full of pride and selfishness. We believed we could handle our own affairs, even though we were making a mess of our lives. We were very stubborn and didn't like to take advice. We resented being told what to do. To us, humility looked like weakness. But when we came into AA, we began to be humble. And we found out that humility gave us the power we needed to overcome drinking.

Have I learned that there is power in humility?

Meditation for the Day
I will come to God in faith, and He will give me a new way of life. This new way of life will alter my whole existence, the words I speak, the influence I have. They will spring from the life within me. I see how important is the work of a person who has this new way of life. The words and the example of such a person can have a wide influence for good in the world.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may learn the principles of the good life. I pray that I may meditate upon them and work at them, because they are eternal.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment