Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Jan. 10, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Wednesday, Jan. 10, 2018
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

To speak ill of others is a dishonest way of praising ourselves.
 -- Will Durant


Sometimes we say bad things about others. When we do this, it makes us look bad too. Our friends worry what we might say about them behind their backs. They're afraid to trust us. We become known as gossips.

The things we say about other people tell a lot about us. We are kind or unkind. We gossip or we don't. This doesn't mean we have to say everyone is wonderful all the time. As we work our program to see ourselves better, we begin to see other people more clearly too. We see their strong points and their weak points. But we can know these things without gossiping about them.

Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, help me see others clearly, and in their best light. Let me bring out the good in others.

Action for the Day
Today, I'll list the people I'm closest to at work, school, and home. I'll think of how I talk about them to others. Am I kind?
You are reading from the book:

Keep It Simple © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment