Saturday, December 9, 2017

Dec. 9, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017

Reflection for the Day
"Difficulties are God's errands, and when we are sent upon them, we should esteem it a proof of God's confidence." - Beecher

I've come to realize that my past troubles were really of my own making. Although I hardly thought so at the time, I was a primary example of what The Program calls "self-will run riot." Today, I'll accept my difficulties as signposts to growth, and as evidence of God's confidence in me.

Do I believe that God will never give me more than I can handle?

Today I Pray
May I believe strongly that God has confidence in me to handle my troubles, that the difficulties I must face are in direct proportion to my strength and ability to bear up and keep a cool head in a crisis. May I also understand that it is my faith in God which keeps me from crumbling.

Today I Will Remember
God has faith in me, because I have faith in God.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment