Friday, December 22, 2017

Dec. 22, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, Dec. 22, 2017 

Today, the uncertainty of the darkness of endless night eventually gives way to the promise of daylight and, today, I begin to emerge from the darkness with the affirmation that I need - I am worthy of something better. No more nightly binges into alcoholic oblivion that fuel the regrets, remorse and self-pity the morning after, and no more wallowing in anguish that is little more than my pathetic rationalization that I have to drink. My mistakes have been many and great, the pain I inflicted on others and myself deep and perhaps not able to be healed, and the lies too many and too great that, now, not even I can believe them. The darkness of uncertainty of my nights has finally given way to daylight and, today, someone has thrown me the lifeline of AA. If I can go on blind faith alone that I am worthy, I can grab the lifeline. Today, I will. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment