Thursday, December 21, 2017

Dec. 21, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Thursday, Dec. 21, 2017 
"Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings." - Alcoholics Anonymous, Step Seven


Today, let me not be too eager to take the vital Seventh Step for, if I act prematurely, the defects I ask to be removed but am not truly willing to surrender may come back and bite me in the form of a slip or relapse. Step Seven is the culmination of the previous three steps in which we first make our "searching and fearless moral inventory," and then admit "the exact nature of our wrongs" to "God, to ourselves and to another human being." But the Sixth Step may pack the most potent punch in that it requires us to be "entirely ready" to have the higher power of our understanding remove our shortcomings. If today I take the Seventh Step, grant that I be genuinely ready so that I may not later take back a defect that could be yet another downfall. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment