Sunday, December 24, 2017

Dec. 24, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Sunday, Dec. 24, 2017

Reflection for the Day
We came to The Program as supplicants, literally at the ends of our ropes. Sooner or later, by practicing the principles of the Twelve Steps, we discover within ourselves a very precious thing. We uncover something with which we can be comfortable in all places and situations. We gain strength and grow with the help of God as we understand Him, with the fellowship of The Program and by applying the Twelve Steps to our lives.

Can anyone take my new life from me?

Today I Pray
May my prayers of desperate supplication, which I brought to my Higher Power as a newcomer to The Program, change to a peaceful surrender to the will of God. Now that I have seen what can be done through the endless might of a Higher Power, may my gift to others be that strong conviction. I pray that those I love will have the faith to find their own spiritual experiences and the blessings of peace.

Today I Will Remember
Peace - inner and outer - is God's greatest blessing.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment