Saturday, December 30, 2017

Dec. 30, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

AA Thought for the Day
When we came into Alcoholics Anonymous, were we desperate? Were we so sick of ourselves and our way of living that we couldn't stand looking at ourselves in a mirror? Were we ready to try anything that would help us to get sober and to get over our soul-sickness?
Should I ever forget the condition I was in?
Meditation for the Day
In the new year, I will live one day at a time. I will make each day one of preparation for better things ahead. I will not dwell on the past or the future, only on the present. I will bury every fear of the future.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that God will guide me one day at a time in the new year. I pray that for each day, God will supply the wisdom and the strength that I need.

You are reading from the book:

Twenty-Four Hours a Day for Teens © 2004 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment