Thursday, November 9, 2017

Nov. 9, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017

Reflection for the Day
As time passes, daily communion with God is becoming as essential to me as breathing in and out. I don't need a special place to pray, because God always hears my call. I don't need special words with which to pray, because God already knows my thoughts and my needs. I have only to turn my attention to God, aware that His attention is always turned to me.

Do I know that only good can come to me if I trust God completely?

Today I Pray
May my communion with God become a regular part of my life, as natural as a heartbeat. May I find, as I grow accustomed to the attitude of prayer, that it becomes less important to find a corner of a room, a bedside, a church pew or even a special time of day, for prayer. May my thoughts turn to God automatically and often, whenever there is a lull in my day or a need for direction.

Today I Will Remember
Let prayer become a habit.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment