Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Nov. 14, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017

AA Thought for the Day
A better way than judging people is to look for all the good in them. If you look hard enough and long enough, you ought to be able to find some good in every person. In AA, I learned that my job was to try to bring out the good, not criticize the bad. Every alcoholic is used to being judged and criticized. That has never helped anyone to get sober. In AA, we tell people they can change. We try to bring out the best in them. We encourage their good points and ignore their bad points. People are not converted by criticism.

Do I look for the good in people?

Meditation for the Day
There must be a design for the world in the mind of God. We believe His design for the world is a universal fellowship of men and women under the fatherhood of God. The plan for your life must also be in the mind of God. In times of quiet meditation, you can seek for God's guidance for the revealing of God's plan for your day. Then you can live this day according to that guidance. Many people are not making of their lives what God meant them to be, and so they are unhappy. They have missed the design for their lives.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may try to follow God's design for today. I pray that I may have the sense of Divine Intent in what I do today.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment