Monday, November 13, 2017

Nov. 13, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Monday, Nov. 13, 2017

Reflection for the Day
We hear it said that all progress in The Program can be boiled down and measured by just two words: humility and responsibility. It's also said that our entire spiritual development can be precisely measured by our degree of adherence to those standards. As AA co-founder Bill W. once put it, "Ever deepening humility, accompanied by an ever greater willingness to accept and to act upon clear-cut obligations - these are truly our touchstones for all growth in the life of the spirit."

Am I responsible?

Today I Pray
I pray that of all the good words and catch phrases and wisps of inspiration that come to me, I will remember these two above all: humility and responsibility. These may be the hardest to come by - humility because it means shooing away my pride, responsibility because I am in the habit of using my addiction as a thin excuse for getting out of obligations. I pray that I may break these old patterns.

Today I Will Remember
First humility, then responsibility.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment