Friday, November 3, 2017

Nov. 3, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Friday, Nov. 3, 2017

Reflection for the Day
The Program's Twelve Steps comprise a body of living spiritual wisdom. To the degree that we continue to study The Steps and apply them to our daily lives, our knowledge and understanding expand without limitation. As we say in The Program, "It gets better ...and better ...and better." The Eleventh Step speaks of prayer and meditation, urging us to apply our minds quietly to the contemplation of spiritual truth. By its nature, the Eleventh Step illuminates for us the purpose and value of the other Steps. As we seek through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, the remaining Steps become ever more useful in our new way of life.

Do I take the time each day to pray and meditate?

Today I Pray
May I seek - as the Eleventh Step says - to know God better through prayer and meditation, talking to and listening for God. As my life becomes more full of the realities of earth - and the goodness thereof - may I always keep aside a time for communion with God. May this communion define my life and give it purpose.

Today I Will Remember
Take time out for God.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment