Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Nov. 1, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017

Todayremembering that I worked the steps as hard as I could when I surrendered in Step One, I know I will have to rework them again if I choose to slip or relapse. Some of the steps required to gain and maintain sobriety also require some of the most brute honesty possible, and seeing myself as I truly was is an experience I don't want to repeat. Thus, the solution to avoid having to see myself again as I was is simple: don't slip, don't relapse. Sometimes easier said than done, but the 12 Steps give us the control not to bow to what we cannot control - alcohol. It is a fact that the sober alcoholic has another drunk inside but may not have another recovery. Even if I have another recovery, I don't want to go through the grueling experience of seeing myself as I might again become during a slip or relapse. And my insurance against having to go through that is the program. Today, I'll use it. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment