Friday, April 19, 2013

April 19, 2013 - Step by Step


Step by Step
Friday, April 19, 2013
Today, I will feel, and what I will feel most is gratitude that I have been given the gift to feel other than a hangover, the loss of focus and concentration, the fear of what I said and did last night but can't remember, fear of promises I cannot keep. All else, I will feel, good and bad, grateful for the good and remorse and regret for the bad. And if I feel the need to cry, I will cry with the good and the bad, but I will hold onto the good and use it as a stepping stone to tomorrow and I will ask my Higher Power to take from me the bad because I cannot and choose not to hold onto it any longer. If I feel angry, I will feel it - then let go and let God. If I feel a resentment, I will not allow its poison to infect my today and threaten my tomorrow; instead, I will be grateful that I now have the choice to ask God to take from me that resentment and all else I cannot hold. With all I feel, the good will outweigh the bad and, because it does, I have no reason to drink, no reason to use. I will live, not wallow, in today. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment