Thursday, April 11, 2013

April 11, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Thursday, April 11, 2013

Today, I will awaken to the potential opportunities of new friends, acquaintances and relationships that sobriety holds and turn away from the bittersweet memories of what was lost in my drinking days. Instead of languishing emotionally in regret or mourning what is gone and cannot be replaced, as a drinking alcoholic does, I will remember that I am sober, and sober thinking opens itself to working for what can be and not pining for what was and never again will be. If attending meetings is the extent of my active participation in the Program, I can spring into service as a 12th-Stepper, or sponsor, or simply talk and listen to a co-member to lay the foundation of a new life with new friends, new acquaintances and new relationships. And, should I be blessed with someone who today takes me out of the emotional baggage of yesterday, I can start to believe that a new and better life in sobriety is indeed possible. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment