Saturday, April 13, 2013

April 13, 2013 - A Day at a Time


A Day at a Time
Saturday, April 13, 2013 
Reflection for the Day
Any number of addicted people are bedeviled by the dire conviction that if they ever go near The Program - whether by attending meetings or talking one-to-one with a member - they'll be pressured to conform to some particular brand of faith or religion. They don't realize that faith is never an imperative for membership in The Program; that freedom from addiction can be achieved with an easily acceptable minimum of it; and that our concepts of a Higher Power and God - as we understand Him - afford everyone a nearly unlimited choice of spiritual belief and action. 
Am I receiving strength by sharing with newcomers? 
Today I Pray
May I never frighten newcomers or keep away those who are considering coming to The Program by "laying on them" my particular, personal ideas about a Higher Power. May each discover his or her own spiritual identity. May all find within themselves a link with some great universal Being or Spirit whose power is greater than theirs individually. May I grow, both in tolerance and in spirituality, every day. 
Today I Will Remember
I will reach, not preach. 
Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment