Friday, April 12, 2013

April 12, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Friday, April 12, 2013

Today, I can believe that my worst days are behind and not ahead of me if I can abstain from drinking in the current 24 Hours instead of thinking in terms of a lifetime, a year, a month or even a week without alcohol. If I can be honest about remembering that moment in time when I knew alcohol made my life unmanageable and why I came to the Program and I thirst for the recovery that sobriety promises, I might also remember that my days as a drinking alcoholic were the darkest and toughest of my life. And if that is true, I can look no further than those people who are in recovery to know that sobering up will be nowhere near as tough as continuing to drink. Today, if I am teetering and preoccupied with how many tomorrows will be without alcohol, I will live only in the current 24 hours, just one day at a time. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment