Friday, March 29, 2013

March 29, 2013 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Friday, March 29, 2013
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Reflection for the Day
The Program and my friends in the fellowship have provided me with a whole new set of tools for living. Even the slogans that once seemed so trite and corny are now becoming an important part of my daily life: Easy Does It; First Things First; This, Too, Will Pass.  If I use all of my tools regularly and well, they'll also help rid me of such negative feelings as guilt, anxiety, rebellion and pride. When I'm feeling depressed, do I use the tools that have been proven effective? Or do I grit my teeth and suffer in painful silence?
Today I Pray
I praise my wonder-working Higher Power for giving me the tools for recovery, once I admitted I was powerless and gave myself over to the will of God as I understand God. I give thanks for the Twelve Steps and for the fellowship of the group, which can help me see myself honestly. I give thanks for those words and phrases which become, as we understand them more completely, banners in our celebration of sobriety.
Today I Will Remember
Pass on the passwords to recovery.
From the book:
A Day at a Time © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment