Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 20, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
 
Today, I will begin working for balance in my life, the balance that is the point of compromise between doing nothing at all to over-doing everything. Alcoholics are creatures of extremes: in our drinking careers, we wanted all or nothing; although we drank too much, it was never enough; we either hate, or we love to possessiveness; we took until there was nothing left to take, or we gave till we had nothing more to give; we laughed after the joke had ended long before, or we cried out every emotion. In seeking balance, I will defer to my Higher Power to show me what I have to do without procrastinating to tomorrow, and I will listen if He hints that I am hungry, angry, lonely or tired - HALT. I will also accept that I cannot shrug off the Program if, today, I say that I am not "getting it;" adversely, I will accept that the full benefits of the Program will not be mine today - or any other day - because the Program is growth, and growth is an evolutionary process and never fully accomplished. Today, I will begin to balance the scales. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment