Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 26, 2013 - Today's Gift from Hazelden


Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Being willing

People often ask, "How does the program work?" The how of this program is Honesty, Open-mindedness, and Willingness. Often we must pray for willingness; sometimes we even have to pray to be willing to be willing!

We have very stubborn wills. If surrendered daily, however, they can accomplish much good for others and ourselves. Surely those who say, "I will, I will" and don't are not as close to the heart of God as those who say "I will not," but do!

Am I really willing?

God, help me realize that to do your will for me today, in however small a way, I must let go of my own will.
From the book:
Day by Day © 1974, 1998 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment