Saturday, September 9, 2017

Sept. 9, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017

AA Thought for the Day
When alcoholics are offered a life of sobriety by following the AA program, they will look at the prospect of living without alcohol and they will ask: "Am I to be consigned to a life where I shall be stupid, boring and glum, like some of the righteous people I see? I know I must get along without liquor, but how can I? Have you a sufficient substitute?"
Have I found a more than sufficient substitute for drinking?

Meditation for the Day
In God's strength you conquer life. Your conquering power is the grace of God. There can be no complete failure with God. Do you want to make the best of life? Then live as near as possible to God, the Master and Giver of all life. Your reward for depending on God's strength will be sure. Sometimes the reward will be renewed power to face life, sometimes wrong thinking overcome, sometimes people brought to a new way of living. Whatever success comes will not be all your own doing, but largely the working out of the grace of God.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may try to rely more fully on the grace of God. I pray that I may live a victorious life.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment