Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sept. 17, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

Step by Step
Sunday, Sept. 17, 2017

Today, first things first, one thing at a time, one step at a time, one feeling at a time if one day at a time is too daunting a challenge. Today, I will quiet the noise in my mind for the program's wisdom to take me from the character defects that degrade sobriety into dry drunkenness - if not a wet one. If and when the responsibilities to sobriety seem too heavy, I will look to the steps and live in the answer of sobriety instead of the problem of trying not to drink. And, in the end, the problem is not living with the struggle not to relapse: the answer is living in the program. Today, I have the choice to live in sobriety instead of struggling to fight off what threatens it. Today, I can live in the answer, not the problem. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment