Thursday, December 31, 2015

Dec. 31, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Thursday, Dec. 31, 2015
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

May you live all the days of your life.
 -- Jonathan Swift


Tonight, at midnight, a new year will begin. None of us know what the new year will hold. But we can trust ourselves to hold on to the spirit of recovery as we go through the year. As a new year is about to begin, we can rejoice in our new way of life. We can give our will and our life to our Higher Power. By doing these things, we'll be ready for the new year.

Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, I pray that I'll start the new year safe in Your loving arms, I pray that I'll keep working my program.

Action for the Day
Tonight, at midnight, I'll say the Serenity Prayer. I will think of all the others who will join me in my prayer. We are a recovering community.
You are reading from the book:
Keep It Simple © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment