Friday, December 25, 2015

Dec. 25, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

The Serenity Prayer
Friday, Dec. 25, 2015
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Reflection for the Day
Today is a special day in more ways than one. It's a day that God has made, and I'm alive in God's world. I know that all things in my life this day are an expression of God's love – the fact that I'm alive, that I'm recovering, and that I'm able to feel the way I feel at this very instant. For me, this will be a day of gratitude. Am I deeply thankful for being a part of this special day, and for all my blessings?

Today I Pray
On this day of remembering God's gift, may I understand that giving and receiving are the same. Each is part of each. If I give, I receive the happiness of giving. If I receive, I give someone else that same happiness of giving. I pray that I may give myself – my love and my strengths – generously. May I also receive graciously the love and strength of others' selves. May God be our example.

Today I Will Remember
The magnitude of God's giving.
You are reading from the book:
A Day at a Time © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment