Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Dec. 29, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

The Serenity Prayer
Step by Step
Tuesday, Dec. 29, 2015 
Todaywhen resolutions for the coming new year are in vogue, I will make none because to do so skirts the program's edict to take life one day at a time. Further, I have no guarantee that an entire year is promised me, and I cannot live for a day in the future because, in doing that, I am neglecting today. AA discourages us from living or looking too far ahead if today is sacrificed and encourages us to make our resolutions daily. Today, awakening to a new day, my resolution is to adhere to the steps and principles of the program and not drink and, further, to grow in the sobriety I seek. And our common journey continues. Step by step. Chris M., 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment