Sunday, December 27, 2015

Dec. 27, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

The Serenity Prayer
Sunday, Dec. 27, 2015
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

You saved me once, and what is given is always returned. We are in this life to help one another.
 -- Carlo Collodi, The Adventures of Pinocchio


As the end of this year approaches, we think about endings and beginnings. This past year brought us both difficulties and happiness, both pain and healing. It has been a year of growth because we are sober.

Let's think about the year that is ending and be thankful for its gifts. We need to take time to rest before the next year begins. We shouldn't worry about what the next year will bring. We can simply know that next year will bring us the chance to help other addicts who still suffer. We have been saved. We are living a new life. Let's be grateful, and let's plan to reach out next year to share the wealth of sobriety. After all, we are in this world to help one another.

Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, remind me each day that I am needed. By living well, staying sober, and helping others through the program of recovery, I am fulfilling an important purpose in life.

Today's Action
When did I last reach out to a newcomer in recovery? Today I will make a plan for how I will share my experience, strength, and hope through the next year to help save someone else's life.
You are reading from the book:
God Grant Me. . . © 2005 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment