Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nov. 26, 2013 - Today's Gift from Hazelden

Tuesday, Nov. 26, 2013
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

I would be honest, for there are those who trust me.
 -- Howard Arnold Walter


Some of those around us seem to see only the good in us. They trust and respect us, even when we ourselves may not feel we deserve it.

A young girl once talked about her grandfather. She said, "He was the only person in my life who saw the good in me." She mentioned that she sought to please her grandfather and not disappoint the trust which he placed in her. He brought out the best in her because of the way that he looked at her. Each of us can be like this grandfather by focusing on the good in other people. We can use our spiritual eyes to see love, honesty, trustworthiness, and unselfishness in the heart of another. As we look for the good, we are doing our part to help create it.

Do I see the good in those around me right now?
From the book:
Today's Gift © 1985, 1991 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment