Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nov. 12, 2013 - A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2013

Reflection for the Day
There are few "absolutes" in The Program's Twelve Steps. We're free to start at any point we can, or will. God, as we understand Him, may be defined as simply a "Power greater;" for many of us in The Program, the group itself was the first "Power greater." And this acknowledgment is relatively easy to make if a newcomer knows that most of the members are sober and otherwise chemically-free and he isn't. This admission is the beginning of humility. Perhaps for the first time, the newcomer is at least willing to disclaim that he himself - or she herself - is God.

Is my behavior more convincing to newcomers than my words?

Today I Pray
May I define and discover my own Higher Power. As that definition becomes clearer and closer to me, may I remember not to insist that my interpretation is right. For each must find his or her own Higher Power. If a newcomer is feeling godless and alone, the power of the group may be enough for now. May I never discredit the power of the group.

Today I Will Remember
Group power can be a Higher Power.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment